Emergency repairs and ongoing maintenance are two of the most significant challenges investment property owners face. Emergency repairs are a massive headache that owners must handle immediately. Not only can delays lead to further property damage — especially when it comes to water or fire damage — it also harms any goodwill you have with your tenant. While ongoing maintenance tasks are more predictable, they still require plenty of work. Not only do you have to source and schedule qualified contractors. You’ll also need to coordinate those repairs with your tenant. To top it all off, maintenance and repairs can be costly, and will quickly eat into your profits. That’s why investment property owners must watch their repair budgets like a hawk.
Our Repair and Maintenance Process is Different
In a recent video posted to the Rent Portland Homes by Darla Andrew YouTube channel, Jessy Sperry, our construction and service superintendent, outlines our unique approach to maintenance and repair requests.
It all begins with the relationships we’ve formed with more than 100 trusted, local vendors like Clearwater Restoration, MD Watson Construction, and Clean Break LLC. By establishing relationships with experts in every field, we know our repair quotes will always be accurate and honest. Moreover, these relationships put us at the front of the line for work orders. That helps us meet our commitment to complete every repair request within 48 hours. We also employ two in-house handymen, Jesse Curran and Chris Hill, who can often solve tenant repair problems before we need to outsource the work!
Our Five-Step Maintenance and Repair Process Explained
When Rent Portland Homes by Darla Andrews manages your rental property, we route all repair requests through a five-step process. Here’s how that plays out:
- Step 1: The tenant notifies us about an issue. In the case of repair emergencies, like fire or water damage, tenants can call our 24-hour emergency hotline for help. For more common issues, tenants use our online portal to make repair requests.
- Step 2: An RPH representative receives the tenant’s repair request, along with a description of the issue and photos. The RPH representative then reaches out to the property owner to notify them of the problem and for approval of the repair request.
- Step 3: With property-owner approval in hand, RPH contacts one of our trusted vendors and dispatches them to assess the issue.
- Step 4: Once the technician or contractor has diagnosed the problem, they discuss all available repair options with the RPH representative. After looking at the repair history and possible courses of action, the RPH representative contacts the property owner with our best recommendation for a fix.
- Step 5: Once the repairs are complete, the technician or contractor sends in a description of the work along with photos. We then add that information to the property owner’s online management portal.
At the end of this process, the repairs are complete, the tenant is satisfied, and the property owner was kept updated every step of the way.
Our Focus is on Keeping Your Investment Intact
An investment property only pays off when someone lives in the home full time. However, homes that go without needed maintenance and repairs won’t attract the best renters and will eventually break down. At Rent Portland Homes by Darla Andrew, our focus is on keeping your investment intact. That means we’ll work to make sure your home is well cared for and well maintained. That way, it will continue delivering top dollar for years to come.
We also understand that repair expenses are a top concern of every investment property owner. That’s why we conduct annual inspections on each of our properties so we can spot small problems before they become significant. We’ll also consult with our owners before authorizing any repairs. That way, you’ll always be in full control of what happens to your property. We also permit our property owners to handle repairs themselves, as long as they’re completed within 48 hours. It’s all part of our plan to provide the best property management service in Portland.
Contact Us Today
Rent Portland Homes by Darla Andrew manages homes throughout the metro area, including Forest Grove, Newberg, Gresham, Hillsboro, and Beaverton. If you’d like to learn how our team can help manage your investment property, contact us today. You can call or text Darla at (503) 515-3170. Or, you can contact our rental team by filling out the contact form on our website. Before you call, take a moment to read some of the testimonials from a few of our satisfied clients. We think they say it better than we ever could.